Last Updated: 1 August, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Definition Of Personal Information. Personal information means any information by which you may be personally identified. This includes your name, postal address, email address, social media account names, telephone number, voice, social security number, static IP address, geolocation information, biometric data, or any other “personally identifiable information” under applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. Additionally, “Personal information” may include some non-personal information when it is linked with other types of personal information or non-personal information (e.g. motion sensor information, or motion tracker information). We collect personal and non-personal information as follows:
When You Play Our Game. When you download and play our game we collect the following information from you: We collect your third party platform user name, gameplay data and in game metrics, and information when the Game crashes. We collect this information as follows:
· Gameplay. When you play our Game, we automatically collect personal information from you and keep it anonymous from your username or other identifiable information. We collect the following information this way: in-game metrics, IP address, and other gameplay relevant information (for example: type of virtual reality equipment used, specific virtual reality platform, motion sensor information, motion tracker information and operating system information). We collect this information to improve your gameplay experience and improve our Game.
· When You Use The In-Game Chat. You may choose to reveal personal information in the Game through multiplayer chat or other public functions, including through your username defined on a third-party game platform, to the extent it contains personal information We cannot control how other users will use personal information that you reveal using multiplayer chat or other public functions, so, if you reveal personal information through multiplayer chat or other public functions, you are doing so at your own risk. Further, disclosure of phone numbers, addresses, age or other personally identifying information that may violate someone else's privacy is prohibited. Encouraging or asking users to disclose publicly their personally identifying information is also prohibited.
· When The Game Crashes. If the Game crashes during play, we automatically collect information such as your operating system and your hardware devices, when the game crashed and the cause for the crash to solve the crash issue, give you support, and improve and optimize your game play experience.
When You Access Our Website. When you access our Websites, we passively collect cookies and store these temporarily on your internet active device to optimize our Website service for your access. Information we collect this way includes browser information, operating system information, cookie information, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our use of this information is limited to the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section below.
When You Sign Up For Our Newsletter. If you subscribe to our Newsletter, or complete any other forms or subscriptions on our website, you may be required to provide personal information, such as your email address, name or your social media handles. The Terms also govern our use of and ownership of information that you provide to us via website forms and subscriptions.
When You Reach Out To Us Directly. If you send us or one of our representatives an email or otherwise correspond with us directly, we will have access to any information that you provide to us in such correspondence, including, without limitation, your name and email address. The Terms also govern our use of and ownership of information that you provide to us in direct communications.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
General Data Sharing Rules. We do not share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information with third parties except (1) as may be necessary to protect your safety; (2) to enable us to take precautions against liability; (3) to protect the safety and security of the Services; or (4) where required to do so by law or legal process.
Consent To Transfers. Given the global nature of the Internet, please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States and other countries around the world. Courts, law enforcement, and other authorities in the United States and abroad may be entitled to access your personal information under certain circumstances. By using our websites or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States and in other countries around the world, including jurisdictions in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
Data Protection And Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information that you provide to us is stored on secured servers located in the United States of America using firewalls. When you directly provide us with personal information, including through registration, we will encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology or similar technologies.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures used in the Services.
Data From Under 13 Year Olds. Our Services, including the Website, the Game, and the Newsletter, are not intended for users ages 13 and older only. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any information in our possession that we discover originates from a child under the age of 13.
Your Rights As Parent. If you believe that your information (if you are under 13) or your under-13 child’s personal information was mistakenly collected through any part of our Service, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to determine if this has occurred and to remove any such information as quickly as possible. We may communicated with a child under 13 if they contact us regarding mistaken collection of their Personal Information, but we will do so only for the purposes of facilitating such information’s prompt removal.
Rules When You Access the Service from Within the EEA
If you access our Service from within the EEA, the following privacy rules apply to you.
The Purposes For Which We Collect Personal Information From You. We only collect your personal information if we have a lawful purpose pursuant to Article 6(1) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The following lawful purposes apply to the Personal Information that we collect from you:
· Necessary Collection To Perform Services (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR). We need the personal information that we collect when you play our Game in order to fulfill our obligations and perform the services that you and we agreed upon for you to play our Game.
· Consent Based Collection (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR). We collect your personal information for the Newsletter and our Websites, because you gave us your explicit consent to use this information when you signed up for the Newsletter and when you accessed our Website. You may withdraw this consent at any time for no charge, and we will cease to use your Personal Information for this purpose, by your request to email@example.com.
· Legitimate Interest – GDPR Article 6(1)(f). We process your information when you access and use our Services for security reasons, to better understand your and others interest and preferences for our Services and improve our Services, for internal purposes (for example for auditing), to enforce.
· Other Purposes. We may process your information for reasons when we are legally obliged to under GDPR Article 6(1)(c) (for example for tax purposes), it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or someone else under GDPR Article 6(1)(d), or it is necessary in public interest under GDPR(6)(e).
Your Data Rights. You have the right to correct, update and change (if the information we process is incorrect), or delete Personal Information or demand from us to release such information, as well as restrict how we use or entirely end the use such information, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For privacy reasons, we may require identification before we take any action under this Section. Your rights, however, may be limited. We will keep Personal Information if, at the time or foreseeable future, it is necessary for us to establish, exercise, or defend against a legal claim.
Withdrawing Consent. If we have received your Personal Information from you because of your explicit consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Transferring and Sharing Data. We will never transfer your Personal Information to a third party or a successor of ours that resides in a country that does not adhere or cannot guarantee the same privacy protection standards as provided by the GDPR. Currently we share your Personal Information with the following parties outside of the EEA, all of which protect your rights pursuant to the GDPR:
· We share your personal information with Google LLC for storage purposes. Google LLC is located in the US and applies the safeguards pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view Google LLCs privacy protection standards at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
· We share the information collected with and place the cookies through Squarespace, Inc. Squarespace, Inc. which is located in the US applies the safeguards pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view Squarespace, Inc. privacy protection standards at https://www.squarespace.com/privacy.
· We share your email address with The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp (“MailChimp”) for purposes of distributing emails for our Newsletter. MailChimp is located in the US and applies the safeguards pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield; You can view MailChimp’s privacy protection standards at https://mailchimp.com/legal/ privacy/.
· We share information with Exit Games Inc., for the matchmaking feature of our game, which is located in the US. We only share information with Exit Games Inc. because it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with the Game (pursuant to GDPR Article 49(1)(b). You can view Exit Games Inc. privacy protection standards at https://www.photonengine.com/.
· We share information with Unity Technologies ApS, for crash reports of our Game, which is located in the US. We only share information with Exit Games Inc. because it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with the Game (pursuant to GDPR Article 49(1)(b)). You can view Exit Games Inc. privacy protection standards at https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Parental Control. Children Under Sixteen. If your child is under 16 and you believe that your child subscribed to our Newsletter, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to determine if this is the case and grant you the rights under this Section.
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that resident's personal information to third parties and in some cases affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us through the information provided below. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the email address. For your protection, you will be required to provide proof of your identity to obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
540 President St., 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11215